ARCH ABRASIVE TOOLS INC. - D/B/A AAT. ("AAT") RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT NOTICE AND ANY MODIFICATIONS ARE EFFECTIVE WHEN THEY ARE POSTED HERE.
AAT is concerned about privacy on the Web. When you provide information to us via our Web site, we protect it according to this policy.
1. Controller and Corporate Data Protection Officer
ARCH ABRASIVE TOOLS Inc. (AAT)
3 Sturges Road
Fairfield CT, 06824
United States of America
2. Collection and storage of personal data, and manner and purpose of their use
- a) When you access our website, www.Arch-Abr.com, the browser you use on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily saved to a so-called log file.
The following information is recorded without the need for any action on your part and is stored until automatic erasure:
- IP address of requesting computer
- date and time of access
- name and URL of requested file
- website from which access is made (the referrer URL)
- the browser you use and, if relevant, also the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
These data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection to the website
- to ensure convenient use of our website
- to evaluate the level of system security and stability
- for further administrative purposes.
- b) If you use our contact form: Should you have questions of any kind, you are welcome to contact us through a form available on our website. When you do so, you will need to provide a valid email address, so that we know who the inquiry comes from and can then send you a reply. Any further details are optional. Processing data for the purpose of contacting us takes place in accordance with GDPR Art. 6 (1) point a and is based on your voluntary consent. Any personal data collected by us through the use of our contact form are automatically erased as soon as your enquiry has been dealt with.
3. Disclosure of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for any purposes other than those listed here. We only share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- If you have given your express consent according to GDPR Article 6 (1) point a.,
- If disclosure according to GDPR Art. 6 (1) point f is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and if there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- If we are under a legal obligation to disclose data under GDPR Article 6 (1) point c
- If disclosure is legally permitted and necessary for managing the contractual relationships with you under GDPR Article 6 (1) point b
5. Analysis Tools
We use a range of tracking tools, which are listed below and are based on GDPR Art. 6 (1) point f. By using these tracking tools, we want to ensure the customized design and ongoing optimization of our website. Another purpose of our tracking tools is to obtain statistical information on the use of our website, so that we can analyze it and thus optimize our website for you. These interests are legitimate under the provisions of the aforementioned regulation. The relevant data processing purposes and data categories can be gathered from each tracking tool.
- Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Google Conversion Tracking to collect statistical details on the use of our website, which we then analyze, so that we can optimize it for your benefit. If you have reached our website via a Google advert, Google Adwords places a cookie (see clause 4) on your computer. Cookies of this kind lose their validity after 30 days and cannot be used for personal identification. If a user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer know that the user has clicked on the advert and has been directed to this page.
Each Adwords customer is given a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. Details obtained through conversion cookies serve the purpose of creating conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. These customers are told the total number of users who have clicked on their adverts and who have been redirected to a page carrying a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive information that might enable them to identify any users in person. Should you not wish to participate in the tracking process, you can reject the placement of such a cookie, e.g. via the browser setting that generally disables the automatic placement of cookies. Another way to disable conversion tracking cookies is to make a setting in your browser, telling it to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com. Google’s privacy notice on conversion tracking can be found here
6. Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights:
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 15, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to object, the origin of your data if they have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making processes, including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about those Details:
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 16, to demand immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of your personal data stored by us.
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 17, to request erasure of your personal data stored by us if processing is not required to exercise the right to
freedom of expression and information, fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 18, to request restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the correctness of the data, the
processing is unlawful but you refuse to allow erasure of it and we no longer require the data but you require them for the establishment, exercise
or defense of legal claims or you have lodged an objection against processing in accordance with GDPR Art. 21.
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 20, to demand to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and
machine-readable format or have them transferred to another controller.
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 7 (3) to revoke at any time the consent you previously granted. This means that, from that date onwards, we can no longer process your data on the basis of your consent.
- In accordance with GDPR Art. 77, to complain to a supervisory authority. To do so, you can normally contact the regulatory authority that has
jurisdiction for your residence, your place of work or our office.
7. Right to object
Provided that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with GDPR Art. 6 (1) point f, you have the right in accordance with GDPR Art. 21 to lodge an objection to the processing of your personal data if there are grounds arising from your particular situation or if you are objecting to direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object, which we must honor without requiring you to specify special circumstances. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or your right to object, simply send an e-mail to:
8. Data security
When you visit our website, we employ the widely used SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) together with the highest available level of encryption that is supported by your browser. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology, instead. Whether a page on our website is presented in encrypted form is indicated by the symbol of a key or a closed lock in the lower status bar of your browser. Furthermore, we apply suitable technical and organizational security precautions to protect your data against accidental and intentional manipulation as well as against partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized third-party access. Our security precautions are continually being improved to reflect developments in technology.